THE CURSE (1987) by Smokeskrene

THE CURSE (1987)





{overall rating}- * * * *

{action}- Ever seen a fat guy try to fight a skinny guy covered in manure.

{humor}- Great camp. Nothing intentionally funny here though.

{blood}-

{gore}- Contaminated veges and exploding cows.

{nudity}- Sex scene with no nudity. There is at least a milf involved though.

{acting}- About like dead alive.

{plot}- Very nice original story. Well written.

{film quality}- The dvd looks great compared to the vhs version I watched years ago. You can notice a crane in the meteor shot.

{entertainment factor}- Some people will write this off prematurely but I loved it.

{Aprox. amount of time spent fast forwarding}- ZERO



Zack and his little sister live with his mother, his step dad and his step brother. They run a family farm. I use the term "family" very loosely. The step father is a bible beating, stubborn old man who always takes the side of his son and not his step family. Late in the night a meteor crashes into their farmland and wakes up the family. By morning the giant sphere has disappeared. Its path of destruction is only just beginning though. Suddenly the plants on the farms begin to die and Zack begins to notice a sudden change in his family. Without the farm crops his family begins to struggle and selling the house to the county to build a reservoir becomes in option. I don't think this is the best place for a water source for the nearby community. This is one of those movies I loved as an early teen. I must say I am biased. Its probably not a legitimate 4 to anyone except myself. And for me personally its probably closer to a 5.

No comments: