Dark Sky's redemption: Antibodies BY K-FLEET



Based off the cover art alone, I was expecting big things for this, not to mention, it was released by Dark Sky, who although disappointed me with their last venture (Search and Destroy/The Glove), were able to redeem themselves with this one.

Entertainment factor: 5
Blood: 2
Nudity: 3, full-frontal male and one topless female
Humor: 1, this is more on the serious tip
Minutes FF'ed Thru: 0
Memorable quotes:

"After dinner, you'll get your notebook and write, 'It's indecent to show my penis' 500 times"

"...relatives, friends, and show me who could kill a child!" The humor level in this is that Dark Sky also released the movie Who Can Kill a Child?. I wonder if this was inspiration to pick up both titles?

Other: German language with English subtitles

This had elements of Silence of the Lambs, Seven, and American Psycho, amongst others. You can't go wrong when a movie begins with a naked man (not that I'm a fan), who blows a hole through a cop's chest with a sawed-off, double-barrel shotgun, and then smears blood on his face, like battle paint, and crashes through his front door (in the buff) to charge the rest of squad. We also see that he uses his victims blood to paint pictures of Christ's crucifixtion.

It may be coincidental, but the dark-colored blood is familiar with other German directors, Andreas Schnass and Andreas Bethmann. I haven't been this entertained since the movie Feed, so this is my mid-year nomination for movie of the year. Watch and be disgusted.

No comments: